Hosting Foreign Buyers - International visitors and buying teams are hosted regularly by the department. Staff arranges meetings between international buyers and Illinois companies and provides information and logistical assistance to bring buyers and sellers together.
Industry Tours - The Illinois Dept of Agriculture international staff recruit qualified foreign buyers to participate in tours of key ag industry segments within our state. These tours are designed to teach potential trade partners about these Illinois industries and to reinforce the advantages of buying high-quality Illinois agricultural products. After making contacts and becoming interested in business opportunities here, we hope participants will establish long-term business relationships in Illinois.
- IL Pork Tour in conjunction with the annual World Pork Expo
- IL Dairy Tour in conjunction with the World Dairy Expo
- IL Grain Tour to highlight corn, soy, DDGS, silos and moisture testing equipment. The tour concludes with a stop at the Chicago Board of Trade.
- Mini tours are also organized throughout the year on a case-by-case basis
Tour Hosts and SponsorsBusinesses and organizations interested in hosting tour stops or sponsoring an event for tour participants are encouraged to contact our representatives. Our goal is to create contacts that can develop into long-term business relationships. While logistics often pre-determine what stops are possible, we want to make these visits by foreign buyers as productive as time allows.
For more information please contact our local tour coordinators;
Or contact one of our foreign Trade Directors.
Each of the department's foreign offices is staffed with professionals who provide the following services:
- Organize and host trade missions.
- Provide market information and consulting services.
- Participate in trade shows, catalog shows and other promotions.
- Originate trade leads.
- Work with embassies and Foreign Agricultural Service offices.
Hong Kong Office
Hailey Hui, Trade Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 011.852.2.504.0123, FAX: 011.852.2.576.5766
Room 2808, Wu Chung House
213 Queen's Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Amparo Garza Lang, Trade Director, email@example.com
Phone: 011.525.533-5174, FAX: 011.525.533-5163
Paseo de la Reforma, 265, Piso 14
Col. Cuauhtemoc, 06500 Mexico, D.F.