- The campground operates April 1 through October 31. There are 300 sites available that can accommodate motor homes, RV's, fifth wheels, and tents with electric and water and limited sewer hook-ups. Shower facilities and restrooms are also available. Security monitors the Illinois State Fairgrounds twenty-four hours a day and campground supervisors are centrally located in the campground to assist with assigning spots, parking, and general information on the fairgrounds and the Springfield area. The campground is conveniently located near the Abraham Lincoln Historic Sites.
Electric and Water Utilities
Limited Sewer Hook-Ups
- Map & Photograph
- RATE IS $25.00 PER NIGHT FOR CAMPERS AND $10.00 PER NIGHT FOR TENTS.
Campers MUST be parked in the campgrounds located in the southwest corner of the fairgrounds. The camping superintendent or Security will issue all camping permits. If fees are not collected, units will be towed at your expense.
DISCOUNTED CAMPING RATES:
Weekly Rate: $125, Monthly Rate: $425, Seniors (age 55 and up): $20 per day
These rates are not applicable during special events and are subject to availability.
For more information or to make a reservation, please contact Jean Devereux, Camping Superintendent 217-524-9894.
- RATE IS $25.00 PER NIGHT FOR CAMPERS AND $10.00 PER NIGHT FOR TENTS.
Campground includes: some electricity, water, restrooms with showers, some sewer hook-ups and dump station. Campers MUST be parked in the campgrounds located in the southwest corner of the fairgrounds. The camping superintendent or Security will issue all camping permits. If fees are not collected, your unit will be towed at your expense. Leased campers left overnight and unoccupied will be charged $10.00 per day. This fee must be paid to the Non-Fair Events Office before the camper is removed. An unoccupied camper will only be allowed at $10.00 per day if the space is available. If the campground is full, the $25.00 per day fee will be assessed. Unoccupied trailers should be locked. The Department will not be responsible for the keys or an unlocked camper.
DISCOUNTED CAMPING RATES: Weekly Rate: $125 Monthly Rate: $425 Seniors (age 55 and up): $20 per day - these rates are not applicable during special events and are subject to availability.
If the Department's livestock scales are requested, the fee for use, testing and calibrating is $250.00. Please advise the Department of your need on the Non-Fair Events Usage Application.
Old Happy Hollow
|West end - Coliseum/Livestock Center car and pickup truck parking |
Center - Artisans Building parking
East end - Illinois/Exposition Building parking
Central Avenue - During horse/cattle events, Central Avenue becomes ONE-WAY beginning at the Livestock Center east to the Coliseum. In the one-way area, only trailer loading and unloading is allowed. Central Avenue east of the Coliseum may be used for car and pickup truck parking only - NO TRAILERS OR CAMPERS.
Islands - Islands north of the Coliseum may be used for car and pickup truck parking only - NO TRAILERS OR CAMPERS.
Lot 3 - Lot 3 west of the Livestock Center may be used for car and pickup truck parking only - NO TRAILERS OR CAMPERS.
LIVESTOCK TRAILER PARKING - ALL LIVESTOCK TRAILERS MUST BE PARKED IN THE DESIGNATED AREA INDICATED BY THE DEPARTMENT. LIVESTOCK TRAILERS WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED TO PARK IN THIS AREA. TRAILER OR CAMPER PARKING IS NOT ALLOWED IN LOT 21 OR IN ISLAND PARKING AREAS NORTH OF THE COLISEUM. ANY QUESTIONS, CONTACT SECURITY.
BARN AREAS - THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO CAR, PICK-UP TRUCK, TRAILER OR CAMPER PARKING ALLOWED NEAR BARNS. ALL FIRE LANES MUST BE LEFT OPEN. ANY VIOLATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO TOWING OFF THE GROUNDS AT OWNER'S EXPENSE. PLEASE NOTIFY ALL SHOW PARTICIPANTS.
- LIVESTOCK SHOWS
- Livestock may not arrive or stable more than two days prior to the actual show date. Livestock must be removed from the fairgrounds no later than 12:00 p.m. (noon) the following day after the end show date.
Prior approval must be received from the Non-Fair Events Office or Security for early arrivals and late departures for scheduling purposes. Please inform your exhibitors of this policy, maintain a list of early arrivals and late departures and collect the additional fees, as your show will be billed for any early arrivals and late departures. Stall rent will be charged for livestock that are stabled more than two days prior to the actual show date or more than one day after the show date. This fee will be $10.00 per stall per day.
- SHARPS DISPOSAL
The Illinois State Fairgrounds does not supply sharps disposal containers. If your show requires them, you must supply your own. Show management shall be responsible for removing and disposing of used syringes and needles from the fairgrounds upon completion of the show. Please check all barns and other areas and remove these items, as the janitorial companies are not licensed to dispose of them. If you do not remove these items, you will be billed for this service ($10.00 per sharps container).
- Footing materials are not provided by the Department and are not included in rental. If you wish to add additional footing material for your show, it is at lessee's expense, and it cannot be removed after the show. Labor hours are also charged to the show for watering and dragging arenas during your show.
GOLF CARTS / MOTORIZED VEHCILE PERMITS
- The Illinois State Fairgrounds has an exclusive contract with Battery Specialists for golf cart rental. Golf cart rental fees are as follows:
2 passenger || 1 - 4 days - $50.00 per day ||5 days or more - $47.50 per day|
4 passenger or utility || 1 - 4 days - $65.00 per day || 5 days or more - $62.50 per day|
DELIVERY FEE: $10.00 PER CART OR $50.00 PER LOAD IF FIVE OR MORE CARTS ARE ORDERED
If you or anyone associated with your event is interested in renting a golf cart, please contact the Non-Fair Events Office at 217-782-1698 or via e-mail: email@example.com Rentals must be secured and pre-paid with a credit card at least three working days before delivery date. All golf-carts must be picked up and returned to the Fairgrounds Security Office. If you are renting golf carts through the Department of Agriculture, you will not be required to obtain a permit. Personal carts are allowed for a $10.00 per event permit fee. Permits must be purchased at the Illinois State Fair Credentials Office or from the campground superintendent.
Persons are required to obtain a permit for all motorized vehicles that do not have a state license plate attached, including but not limited to scooters, mopeds and golf carts. The permit fee is $10.00 per event. Permits may be purchased at the Illinois State Fair Credentials Office in the Emmerson Building on the Illinois State Fairgrounds, or from the campground superintendent.
- Lessee shall be responsible for all costs of additional Illinois State Fairgrounds Security deemed necessary by the Department. The Department reserves the right to determine the level of security staffing needed. Primary security is to be provided by the Illinois State Police or Sangamon County Sheriff's Office. It is the Lessee's responsibility to contact the appropriate police authority. Sangamon County Sheriff's Office - Deputy Anthony Mayfield, (217) 753-6829 office or (217) 306-6368 cell. Illinois State Police - (217) 786-7110.
- ILLINOIS STATE FAIRGROUNDS SECURITY
- You may reach the Illinois State Fairgrounds Security by calling their office at (217) 782-2622 or their cell at (217) 725-0120.
- SOUND AND LIGHT EQUIPMENT
- The Coliseum and barns, Livestock Center and Multi-Purpose Arena are the only facilities with a permanent sound system. It is the responsibility of the Lessee to make all arrangements for rental of sound with a separate contractor and operation of any such equipment with Stage Hands Local 138, c/o Noel Dalbey, (217) 787-5440.
- SIGNAGE AND BANNERS
- The Illinois State Fairgrounds Paint Shop must be utilized when hanging signage or banners on existing structures on the Illinois State Fairgrounds. This includes, but is not limited to, interior and exterior walls, fencing and posts, cables, rails, Department owned equipment, and flag and banner poles. Items that need to be hung for your event must be listed on the space rental application and approved by the Non-Fair Events Office. All signage or banners must be removed by the Paint Shop immediately following the event for which space is leased. Failure to follow this procedure will result in a charge to the non-fair event for the estimated time that it would take to hang and take down the signage.
- CONCESSION RATES - RATE IS $5.00 PER FRONT FOOT (10' MINUMUM) PER DAY OR NEGOTIATED PERCENTAGE OF GROSS RECEIPTS PLUS APPLICABLE ELECTRIC FEES
Lessees of facilities desiring food and/or beverage concession space must provide the Non-Fair Events Office with the names and addresses of such concessions. Such concessions shall contract directly with the Non-Fair Events Office. The fee is $5.00 per front foot per day (10' minimum) or a negotiated percentage of gross receipts. $1 million general liability insurance with the IL Dept. of Agriculture listed as additional insured is required for all such concessions. All concessionaires must contract with the Non-Fair Events Office prior to said event. All food vendors offering food at an event that is open to the public must contact the Illinois Department of Public Health at least two weeks prior to said event.
ELECTRIC FEES FOR ALL CONCESSIONS/VENDORS/EXHIBITS
- 30 amps - $10.00 per day, 60 amps - $15.00 per day, and 100 amps - $25.00 per day
$30.00 ELECTRICAL HOOKUP FEE FOR ALL OUTSIDE HOOK-UPS PLUS DAILY ELECTRIC CHARGES AS FOLLOWS:
- Complimentary telephone service lines are no longer provided in the buildings, with the exception of the Coliseum. The telephone line in the Coliseum is restricted to local or toll free calls only. If telephone service is needed for any other location within the facilities or elsewhere on the grounds, a TELEPHONE SERVICE REQUEST FORM must be completed and submitted with payment at least three weeks prior to requested installation date. Telephone service may be provided solely through the Department of Agriculture system, or jointly with AT&T. Contact the Non-Fair Events Office at (217) 782-1698 or toll free: 1(866) 807-7918 for further information.
- All non-fair events that are open to the public will be advertised at no charge on the electronic sign at the corner of Sangamon Avenue and Peoria Road. Other advertising is available is available at $100.00 per week or $350.00 per month for a ten second message to appear up to 24 times per day.
- SET UP/CLEAN UP
- The lessee shall be allowed set-up or clean-up time for the
event. If more than one day is requested for set up or clean up, the
rate of one-half of the daily rate per day will be assessed. The
additional length of time will be determined by the Non-Fair Events
Use of the fairgrounds facilities requires cleanup of all areas
that are used. Multi-day events are required to have daily
cleanup. Contact the Non-Fair Events Office for an approved list of
janitorial services who have indicated an interest in providing this
Cleanup must be done immediately after the event or completed by
12:00 p.m. the following day. The Agriculture Department expects the
facility or area used to be as clean after the event as it was before.
The entire area used will be inspected and must be approved by the
All charges for service must be negotiated between the lessee and
the janitorial service. The State has no involvement in the rate
charged and makes no endorsements.
Checks should be made payable to the janitorial service and sent to
the Non-Fair Events Office, Illinois State Fairgrounds, P.O. Box
19281, Springfield, IL 62794-9281 at least three weeks prior to the
event. The Non -Fair Events Office will release janitorial service
checks when the cleanup is approved.
Lessee is responsible for furnishing paper towels, toilet paper,
soap and garbage liners as part of the janitorial agreement.
Rules for Clean Up of Facilities
A specific janitorial checklist for cleanup is required. The checklist will be a part of the janitorial contract issued prior to the event. This checklist must be completed and signed by the janitorial service after final cleanup. The signed checklist must be returned to the grounds office before final approval and release of payment.
ALL RATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANYTIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTIFICATION TO LESSEES
Non-Fair Events Office |
P.O. Box 19281, State Fairgrounds,
Springfield, IL 62794-9281
| ||217-782-1698, TDD 217-524-6858,|
FAX 217-557-5729. TOLL FREE 866-807-7918
National Center For Missing And Exploited Children
Illinois Amber Alert