State Fairgrounds - P.O. Box 19281 - Springfield, IL 62794-9281 - 217/782-2172 - TDD 217/524-6858 - Fax 217/785-4505
The Agricultural Products Inspection area of the Department is responsible for the following tasks:
- Test commercial feed, seed and fertilizer products to ensure they meet advertised quality and quantity specifications.
- Examine seed samples for purity, noxious weed content, germination and suitability for distribution.
- Analyze seed quality for individual producers for a small fee.
- Evaluate the nutritional content of livestock feed.
- Certify products for export meet state and federal quality standards.
- Conduct "Good Manufacturing Processes" inspections at feed manufacturing facilities.
- Inspect NH3 pressure vessels, facilities and systems for safety.
- Anhydrous Ammonia Certified Welder List
- Review labels of feed, fertilizer, seed and soil conditioners for accuracy and truthful labeling.
- Promote fertilizer research through the Fertilizer Research and Education Council.
- Register Products and facilities.
Another responsibility of this area is:
PublicationsIllinois Registered Custom Mixers Tonnage Report SummariesArchive of Reports