The Agricultural Products Inspection area of the Department is responsible for the following tasks:
- Test commercial feed, seed and fertilizer products to ensure they meet advertised quality and quantity specifications.
- Examine seed samples for purity, noxious weed content, germination and suitability for distribution.
- Analyze seed quality for individual producers for a small fee.
- Evaluate the nutritional content of livestock feed.
- Certify products for export meet state and federal quality standards.
- Conduct "Good Manufacturing Processes" inspections at feed manufacturing facilities.
- Inspect NH3 pressure vessels, facilities and systems for safety.
- Anhydrous Ammonia Certified Welder List
- Review labels of feed, fertilizer, seed and soil conditioners for accuracy and truthful labeling.
- Promote fertilizer research through the Fertilizer Research and Education Council.
- Register Products and facilities.
Another responsibility of this area is:
- Report of Inspection Fees for Pet Food & Specialty Pet Food Products in Containers of 10lbs or Less
- Application for Registration of Commercial Feed
- Application for Feed Distribution/Manufacturing Facility License
- Substantiation Format for Soil Amendments
- Application for Registration of Soil Amendments
- Application for IL Agriculture and Vegetable Seed Permit
- Application of Registration of Fertilizer Distributor (this form is required by all companies)
- Application for Registration of Fertilizer
- Monthly Fertilizer Report
- Monthly Fertilizer Report On-Line
- 2010 Commercial Feed Laboratory Analysis
- 2011 Commercial Feed Laboratory Analysis
- 2012 Commercial Feed Laboratory Analysis
Illinois Registered Custom Mixers
Tonnage Report Summaries
- Fall 2012 Monthly Tonnage
- Fall 2012 State Totals
- Fall 2012 County Totals
- Fall 2012 Laboratory Totals
- Spring 2012 Monthly Tonnage
- Spring 2012 State Totals
- Spring 2012 County Totals
- Spring 2012 Laboratory Totals
Archive of Reports